ERSTE Immobilien KAG assumes responsibility as a company and as an employer. We therefore strive to integrate sustainability and its various aspects into all areas of the company.
Employees – diversity and equal opportunities
Our employees are crucial to the positive development of the company. For us as a company, diversity and equal opportunities are thus essential elements of our human resources strategy. Therefore, we strive to create a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment, in which the work of each individual is valued – regardless of gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, skin colour, religious or political beliefs, ethnic background, nationality, or any other aspect unrelated to employment.
Environment – the ecological impact of office operations
Environment and climate protection are among the most important challenges facing the world today. We strive to minimise our ecological footprint, and in particular our energy and paper use, with the goal of using natural resources responsibly.
We are increasingly integrating social and ecological considerations into our everyday work life. We have therefore defined the following priorities as part of our environmental strategy:
Climate protection and the sustainable use of natural resources
- We are reducing business travel by increasing the use of telephone and video conferencing.
- For business trips, we give preference to environmentally conscious or sustainable hotels when prices are comparable.
- We encourage the use of environmentally friendly alternatives for business trips.
- Travel by train is preferred to car and plane travel
- Carpooling is practised whenever possible
- We provide employees who regularly travel on business with an ÖBB Vorteilscard
- We take ecological considerations into account when making purchasing decisions, such as office materials and equipment as well as advertising materials. Through supply chain management, we do our utmost to avoid any indirect adverse environmental impact.
- We implement ongoing measures to reduce paper consumption. We incorporate ecological criteria in our purchasing process by using 100% recycled paper or paper with the FSC seal (Forest Stewardship Council) or the PEFC seal (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
- Since moving to the Erste Campus, we have implemented the “paperless office”. This reduces the amount of unnecessary printouts.
- The default printer settings (double-sided and black and white) eliminate wastefulness.
- We ask other companies to send printed newsletters and magazines to ERSTE Immobilien KAG in reduced quantities (no more than one copy per department).
- We only mail printed documents when it is absolutely necessary, for example, when registered mail is required. Whenever possible, bicycle couriers are preferred for deliveries in the city.
- E-bikes are available free of charge to employees at the Erste Campus for their appointments in the city.
- There are over 400 bicycle parking spaces at the Erste Campus as well as sufficient employee changing rooms and showers. In this way, we aim to facilitate bicycle use for commuting.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles are also available in the underground car park of the Erste Campus.
- All employees are encouraged to switch off and disconnect electrical equipment when leaving the workplace.
Our social responsibility
Since the founding of Erste oesterreichische Spar-Casse, it has been the aim of our Group to help make prosperity accessible everyone. As ERSTE Immobilien KAG, we acknowledge this responsibility. It is part of our remit to work together with experienced partners in the social and civic sector.